Wednesday, September 13, 2006

YOU ARE OUR HOPE

29.09.04


I will steal the subject from the Bear: I have hopes for as long as I live and I’ve got the look which I can always keep. What is hope? What is the human being (who hopes)?

So I had an argument with Teddy (a stupid argument, comparing it to those that I have had on this blog). So I say that, in my opinion, hope does not express anything else than man’s fear of everything that is going to happen or regarding everything that he would like (or not like) to happen.

So little boy Nicholas says to his auntie (he says nothing actually, I am just using the whole thing as an example): ‘I hope, my dear aunt, that City University of London will make an offer of admission to me’. What does little boy Nicholas say inside? He says: ‘Dear auntie, even the idea that I will be in Greece for another year in case they don’t make an offer of admission to me scares the hell out of me but, since I am an optimist, I am trying to think of the best outcome.’.

So the dreamer-mom of little boy Nicholas goes to the lottery-ticket shop and completes awkwardly a lottery-ticket of a game called LOTTO. When she comes home, she says to her kids and her hubby: ‘From next Wednesday onwards we’ll be millionaires and we will not know what to do with so much money’. What does mom say inside at this time, little boy Nicholas? She says: ‘Dear God, please wish that I have completed the right numbers so as to make my dreams come true finally, otherwise I will be dreaming for the rest of my life; and now that I come to think of it, this is what is going to happen again.’.

See what I mean? I do but the point is for you to see it.


YOUR JOYLESS LOVE IS LIKE A SPOON FULL OF SUGAR MIXED WITH A SPOON FULL OF COFFEE

Last night I slept late. You know why? Because I read Papillon’s last comment (on the eyes of hares and owls). It was impossible to stop laughing. I imagined him in front of his screen doing this and that gesture (I am too shy to describe which ones). I laughed like nuts. I burst out laughing alone in the dark so much that the dog woke up and came to see what happened. Oh Papillon, your comments sound so effortless and fun, man, when you address unknown people. There is a possibility to love you in the end (not to an extreme degree, don’t be scared!).

Serenity comes after the storm. Isn’t that what the people say? I’m sick of arguments and decided to cool down a little, just like a cool lettuce for example! The girl from the store next door came to bring me the frappe and I loved her too. Angels and demons coexist inside me (if mrs. Louka reads this, I am dead meat). You definitely won’t believe me, considering what you’ve read until now. And yet there are times when I catch myself being utterly romantic. How else could I feel tenderness for a girl who just places a glass of frappe on my desk? I adjust my thick lips (I used to play the trumpet in the Philharmonic Orchestra) to the end of my straw and let my mouth be filled with the love potion.

Nonsense. As if anybody is happy just because they bring you coffee. No matter how much money you spend, you can’t make the other happy just because you order coffee from the specific store where your waiter or your waitress works (unless of course each glass of iced coffee costs 100 Euros). No way. We are speaking of plastic glasses here. They are among those on which you can make sketches with a pen. At the end of the day I always do a sketch on my glass and then I throw it in the garbage cans. It’s a good start to learn how to stop taking myself seriously, at last.

No comments: