Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A SLIGHT CRASH, WITHOUT THE BOSS. LET THE DOGS RUN !

13.09.04


The bus driver who carries the citizens from the Doukissis Plakentias tube station violated a Stop sign. I don’t know exactly what happened. When I came at work, I heard of some car crash. Everybody was kind of upset, apart from me, because I came at work bleary-eyed. That’s how I am. I don’t worry about anything at mornings. If I haven’t had one or two sips from my coffee, so much the worse. So I order a good frappé (instant ice coffee of Greek origin I drink ice coffee throughout the year) and I moaned with pleasure, thinking that there are people who drive worse than I do, even if they are considered professionals.

There are no bosses at work today. Neither the President (please look at the capital ‘P’ carefully!) nor the director are here. Although this doesn’t affect my mandatory duties at all and my bosses don’t insult me, don’t hit me and don’t whip me, I feel much better when I think that I can be my own boss even just for one day. The truth is that I would love to do something crazy. I wonder what would happen if I unleashed my dog in the office. I bet everybody would run away and would leave us alone, me and my pet. I’d like to see that. I laugh at those who are afraid of dogs. I used to believe that those who are afraid of a dog are narrow-minded beyond doubt. But with time I decided to cool down a bit and admitted (to myself of course, who else?) that I’m afraid of cats. I skipped the theory of ‘narrow-mindedness’ right on the spot, since it wasn’t in my interest.

No comments: