Monday, September 11, 2006

STEPS

23.07.04


Regarding what I said yesterday: Do you know how many times I happen to be lying in bed and think that if I get up I will be walking normally without any kind of help? I’ll tell you something else too. Every time I feel like that I am never disappointed, because, in spite of the fact that the circumstances prove me wrong, what I feel is so strong that it really looks like it is happening.
I used to make up to eight steps on my own, wearing casts. After that, I had problems with my kneecaps, which came out of place at every movement and I should ‘push’ them again inside with my hand. I have never felt such pain before. The first time I suffered like that was when I was bumping alone into my basket’s rim, listening to ‘The Doors’. I have told you that before. It had been a year since I had my first operations and everything was going pretty well, until I had the problem with my knees.

The stupid surgeon had stretched some muscles more than he should have done, thus resulting in pulling out my kneecaps upwards and detaching them from the mould of the cartilage.

Four new operations followed. Again in Boston but why am I telling you all this? What I mean is that ever since I had the problem with my knees I could never walk alone again. Some times (like yesterday) I feel again capable of being on a roll and starting to walk.


STORIES FOR SEA HORSES

Yesterday I happened to watch some TV ads with Phoivos and Athena. I never accepted those ‘bumps’ (if not something else), guys. I know that they are somehow symbols or antiquity but who cares. I don’t like them, am I to lie? Proteas is definitely more fun but he is a little cartoon for kids. And may I ask why should a sea horse represent us? Did you ever wonder? All right, I am grumpy. I know. Oh my, I don’t like at all a sea horse in baby style, no matter how cute it may be. There was no creature like that even on my baby bib, if it ever had a stamp like that. And if they wanted to demonstrate the difference with able-bodied athletes, they could have at least symbolized it in the shape of a mermaid with huge tits (sorry to say): an unrivalled symbol for every gender. Sophocles, who wonders, must know something about it.

SO WHAT IF I AM A SUPERMAN AND A SUPERSTAR, THEY ARE THE BEAUTIES AND I AM THE UGLY MAN

I have been looking for hours to provide you with a link regarding the athlete who reached our country with his manually operated sports wheelchair. If I am not mistaken, he rode it around the Balkans. I can’t find anything about him on the web. At first, I would like to learn his name. If you find something, please give me the appropriate URL.
Maybe I locate some information about him on http://www.disabled.gr/.
You know something? I got really mad at my parents, who, when they saw him (without legs), they said: ‘Poor fellow!’. Some times I think that they forget they have a son with mobility problems; consequently, if they feel sorry for anybody in a position like mine, it’s like feeling sorry for me as well. All right, the guy doesn’t have legs but mine, even though they are in place, are of no use either. Useless and expensive! That’s why I say that I’m no Superman. Someone else is.

No comments: