Thursday, September 14, 2006

THE LITTLE SPOON (BEND THAT BLESSED THING!)

06.10.04


I still can’t bend the little spoon. I have been trying to do that for two nights now without any result. I know what is to blame. It’s just a matter of concentration and faith. Things like that can happen. I’m pretty sure. I don’t defend the gurus with the metaphysical strengths. I defend my memories.

Many years ago, when I was still in high school, Uri Geller had visited Greece to give some seminars about the way of diffusing and making the most of human energy. He taught his audience how to ‘launch’ their brains; he wanted to prove that everything can be done when someone managed to direct his/her thoughts to anything that is desirable.

My mother did not miss out on this opportunity. She went and found him. She asked him to give me some of his energy for the purpose of helping me walk. Mister Geller accepted to do that for free. He said he wasn’t sure whether he would do it or not but he would try. Moreover, he asked my mother to bring a little spoon.
With the little spoon in her bag and a lot of optimism and faith in her heart, my mother grabbed my hand and took me with her (against my will) to meet a new magician. We had arranged for a meeting at his hotel (I think it was the Caravel), where his children welcomed us. They called their father and he came; he was a little skeptical. After introducing himself to me, he asked my mother to give him the little spoon to show me what he could do with it. He caressed the metal two or three times and it started melting right in front of our eyes. For some reason, this seemed to me absolutely normal, as if everybody who I knew until then could bend little spoons effortlessly.

I was laughing really loud. I almost made fun of him, especially when he touched his hand on my thighs (I was wearing shorts). The man was polite and patient. He kept touching me for a bit and then he stopped. I didn’t let him do much. I kept laughing like a retard until I said goodbye to him. My mother was really surprised. She found me ungrateful, since I could laugh at someone’s struggling, who just wanted to help me.

Upon coming home, we placed the bent (and signed by Uri Geller) little spoon in the cabinet. Today it’s still there and I doubt if I have ever held it in my hands, even just once. Whenever I look in the cabinet, I get the impression that the little spoon is bent more and more every day. It looks like a creature that is either alive or ready to breathe its last. I get the impression that this energy wasn’t lost. I don’t feel any difference in my body but I don’t know how I would be if I hadn’t gone to that meeting. I’ve been hearing people talk about little spoons all over Greece those last days and I wonder: ‘Do you think he helped me in the end?’.

No comments: