Tuesday, September 05, 2006

THE POWER OF THE WRITER IS ON THE STICK OF A MAGICIAN

21.06.04

Konstantina, may all be well with you, I burst out laughing. I came at work bleary-eyed and you made my day! You might have been kidding but you’re absolutely right. This is the power of the writer, my dear. For instance, you never wondered what happened to all those people who were with me at various trips of mine? If I truly wanted to be fair, I should be describing their presents with such details as well, since they played their role in my stories. I would never do that. As if it’s not enough that I stick my fingers to the keyboard for hours, do I have to give them an equal slice from my narrative’s cake? If they want, let them start their own blog. We might be kidding now but there is always somebody wronged in the end of a story. We could write a whole essay for all that stuff.

As far as the hot issue is concerned, here is what I have to say: I accept that you become the Princess and I become the little rose, on the condition that you’ll water me regularly (some times, pour a little tequila too). There are responsibilities in power, do you know that? (You definitely know that.) I learned this very early and this was the reason why I kind of withdrew from associations and societies, not really out of fear for all kinds of responsibilities but more because of my being used to deny wasting my creative rush in procedures that require only the use of sense, and this mostly because of attachment to political ideologies related to specific ways of handling power and not practices of weakening power (since we can’t abolish it for good).Do I sound very academic? This is what happens to those who work on postgraduate studies. The conclusion is one anyway: If you want to be a Prince or a Princess (this second one is what I don’t want at all), there are good and bad sides as well within you. As for the comment on magic, what am I to say? I kneel! For now: I put a spell on you!

No comments: