Friday, September 15, 2006

YO, MAN!

13.10.04


Yesterday I tried to receive treatment again. I had my belly uncovered and some kinds of cables put on my shoulder and nape. I sat against the wall, looking at the picture that describes the human body. I have studied that picture more than a million times, since I can’t do anything else. I am between two white curtains, behind which lie the other patients. They are usually women (quite older than me). I get the impression that they are bored but suffering at the same time. Despite having a passive treatment –like I do-, it still is unbelievably boring.

I have no other way of fooling myself than talking non-stop and nonsense! I am the clown of the hospital. Some times I think that I struggle to laugh. Everybody laughs at my silly jokes but I’m sure that some times they are just trying to be polite. In the meantime, treatment goes on and on. The electrodes pass the power and the (female) hands caress my shoulders. They spread healing ointments that make my hair raise. In the end I am always relieved. I feel like a black rapper who starts in a sensual video clip. What I need to add is a golden cross and of course a whole harem. As the Goin’ Through say: ‘There are many women, very many women, but they are never enough’.

No comments: