Thursday, September 07, 2006

ON WOMEN

08.07.04

I was talking to my sister. She thinks that I speak very badly of women in general. I disagree. I don’t believe at all that stupidity has a sex. Neither would I speak of feminist movements if I believed that all people end up in the same ‘sack’. I love women very much, because, apart from everything else, they are also a source of inspiration for me. Maybe I expect too much from a woman every time I want to see her powerful and assertive. As a matter of fact, though, I expect the same from all the others – friends of mine or not (men or women). If I happen to be cruel with those around me, I’m equally cruel with myself.
Don’t think of the present text as an excuse. It’s just a clarification.

FROM HIGH TO LOW

Yesterday I went for a walk to the northern part of the town with my father. We hadn’t discussed just the two of us for a long time and, even though I avoid the ‘upfront’ meetings with my parents, I really wanted to spend some time with him, mostly to assert my suspicions regarding the influence of time on people’s lives. Yes, parents do grow up; both of them together or each one separately. The important thing is that they grow up too much (how polite of me!) and it is evident.

Nagging brings my father to the surface. He is not wrong at all. And yet he irritates me. He doesn’t find a single good reason to live. Some times, I get to think that he would have already committed suicide, had he been in my shoes. What am I to say since I have to face things from a seated position all the time? Everything seems to be tremendous when you look at things from my place. Tremendous and threatening. Is it that hard for someone to be in our shoes for a while? Literally and figuratively. I think I should teach my father one or two things about survival.

DUM SPIRO DISCO!


I’m thrilled today, because I managed to give you links on texts that exist inside the blog and not outside of it. It’s exciting to discover the ‘spirit’ of computers. When I understand it and follow it faithfully, I receive the expected results. On the contrary, when I write crap I receive crap.

Until today, I thought that I was a complete idiot as regards the way I handled computers. All right, there is hope for my case too!

No comments: