Thursday, September 14, 2006

INTRAVENOUS

05.10.04

I saw things differently today. I had to have a magnetic scan (isn’t that how this method is called?) to finally discover what’s going on with my hand and I still suffer from so much pain despite the physical therapies and the treatment (the fall did not render the situation more difficult. I’m serious.) Due to the increased degree of cerebral palsy and of dystonia (See how well I’m writing? I’m something, huh?), I can’t stay still when I am lying down. Moreover, I suffer from a stupid phobia and I think that the ceiling will fall down on me (of course I’m not talking of the ceiling of my house, to which I’m used). This is why I was anaesthetized with an intravenous injection. I felt my hands numb and then I fell asleep. They had assured me that I would be in a state of intoxication. What intoxication and nonsense were they talking about? I slept deeply and I even had a dream (don’t ask me what, I don’t remember). That’s how I managed to stay still but what was more important is that I managed to have a rest, since lately I’ve been suffering from the syndrome of being a writer (that’s how I call it). I stay up almost all night and sleep only for three or fours hours in the morning. I wake up at around 7:45 to go to work. No problem. Everything runs smoothly (with or without luck). In case I have to repeat that scan (I’m speaking figuratively here, hopefully), I will ask for a little bit of that intravenous cocktail for home: ‘Once a druggy, never a druggy’.

No comments: