Friday, September 15, 2006

ONE TRIP WITH DIFFERENT DESTINATIONS

15.10.04


Your participation gives me strength. I wish you wrote more even if we argued (isn’t this part of our daily life as well?). I don’t want to challenge you. I want to invite you. Watching the number of your comments growing, I try to have a picture of you. I think of you more like snails. Don’t doubt me so fast. I don’t mean that you are slow and slippery. No way. You just keep walking around and inside electronic boxes every time someone utters words. You appear slowly one by one, just like snails after rain. I know there’s many of you and you are somewhere out there. It’s good to come out even when it doesn’t rain.

Some of you may not be actually familiar with this way of communication. It doesn’t matter; and no matter how strange it may seem to you, I’m a newcomer too. I carry something uncertain with me; something whose identity and quality are doubtful. Nonetheless, I’m used to it. I don’t wait for some reason to begin with my trip. I’m a snail too, there’s no doubt about that at least. When I’m tired or in a hurry, I take the tube, exactly like I did yesterday to go to university. Looking at my fellow men and women in the carriage, I found the chance to play with an idea that came to my mind. That’s about how I thought of my weblog. Like a carriage! You meet various kinds of people in there. Others look like you and others don’t. Nonetheless, all of them wish to go on a trip. They want to arrive somewhere. Most of them don’t talk but they communicate, though, with their eyes, their hands and their facial expressions.

When I reach my destination, I ask some people to help me out of the train (since the new ehite carriages have no ramps on the doors). Some of them will take me out softly and help me out. Others will push me abruptly (because they don’t know how to do it properly, not because they are mean) to the platform. The same thing happens here when some people try to express their opinions. Some are abrupt or provocative and try to throw you out violently and some just try to walk with you, thus offering you their own images regarding what they record during their trip. It’s about one trip, even when it guides you to different destinations.

No comments: