Thursday, September 14, 2006

WE ARE ON AIR

10.10.04


I gave an interview on Flash Radio this morning. I was asked to speak of the changes that have been in our city as regards accessibility and mobility of people who have a disability and move around the city. I tried not to be absolute. I admitted that the Paralympics left us with many positive changes but I stressed the fact that there are still a thousand things to be done.

My opinion is that, when you ask for 10 things, you might get 2 or 3 of them. When you ask for 1 thing, you just don’t get anything. This is why I never say that I’m completely satisfied with the changes. Anyway, I still believe that the conditions of living for us are not good but, above everything else, I ask for more because I don’t want to relax my vigilance. (By the way: the radio plays a song by Bob Dylan. Life is so pretty when you listen to Bob! I miss my harmonica!)

During the interview I was talking non-stop almost without taking a breath. I didn’t do this on purpose; to put it simply, when I talk on the radio or when I am on television I take care not to stop. Being silent while broadcasting, even for a second, seems to be a century and this puts me under stress. Anyway, if I interviewed myself I would like to slaughter myself. I suppose it’s really nerve-racking to have on the other end of the line someone who throws words like a massive gun. At times like that I wonder about many things and I remember all of you in the meantime. I really admire you guys for reading me. Blessed be your courage.

No comments: