Thursday, September 14, 2006

PRODIGY 2004

07.10.04

No, Prodigy are not my favourite band, neither do I worship Keith. I simply decided to go to the concert because I had heard various things about their concerts: thrashing and shows. The band started its tour with a visit to Athens. It was a good chance for me to see them perform live and if I were lucky enough I would experience the scenes of conflict with the authorities from a close distance.

I was on Lycabettus hill at the last minute and I wouldn’t manage to get up there if I didn’t show my ticket to the cops. It was the first time I saw so many cops standing there with their shields and I admit that it seemed strange to me. The atmosphere ‘smelled’ trouble and rumours had it for certain. The return of the Prodigy was expected to be eventful. So much the better for me.

Getting there, the first thing we saw was the crowd already concentrated just like the bulls before attacking their victims. Thousands of impatient creatures (including me as well) were ready to kick and be kicked. They weren’t mean but excited. I would justify almost anything if I hadn’t met that mystery ‘body-builder’ who gave a punch on my neck (luckily, I managed to avoid it) just because I asked him to move a little bit further.

He was standing right in front of me. He was huge and muscular. I was not at all interested in arguing with him. I asked him politely (and I repeated that) to move a little bit to the right because he was hiding the view from me. Without even looking at me, he made a noise that sounded like denying to do so: ‘no way – impossible – forget it’ and all that stuff. There was room for him to move to the right, as there was room for me to move to the left. I simply didn’t want to be far from the stage. Without uttering a word, I threw my hand over the bar that I had grabbed and forced him to move. It was then when he spurred like a madman and decided to hit me.

Having avoided the punch and after screaming (I didn’t swear at him, I just screamed), I gave him a very bad look. It was dark but we were close and we could see each other. I stood still for a while and then slipped to the left. I was in no mood of getting another punch in the face and, what’s more, I had started being really fed up with the concert. The cops sprinkled some sort of pepper on us and our noses were running …Some guys who were ready to cause trouble were coming down from the rocks. As soon as I saw them I changed my mind completely. Being in the eye of the storm did not seem to be a great idea any more. As for the guy who pretended to be a man’s man, I had already cursed him. I imagined I was stabbing his back or I was putting my fingers right into his eyes. And yet I didn’t loathe him to the end. For the first time in my life, somebody was really cruel with him. It will seem crazy to you but I had fun with that. Most of the times people treat me like a baby. I hate that. Someone offered to throw a punch in my face at last.

As for Keith, I found him literally disgusting. I had never seen a man sweating so much. Poor guy, he just wanted to kiss me. I hope that I will be more polite with him next time. I also hope that he will be clean and wearing perfume when I meet him again.

No comments: