Friday, September 15, 2006

WHEN HAPPINESS SUDDENLY STRIKES ME

11.11.04


You are not going to believe this. My father just called me from home to tell me that the bassist of Doors finally sent me the photographs that we had taken backstage, after the concert. He had promised me that he would do that but I hadn’t believed him. That guy’s name is Phil Chen and he appeared with the newly composed band for the purposes of the concert. As you know, this band did not use a bassist for the studio recordings. So we are dealing with a session musician and maybe this is the reason why this doesn’t have to do with some dupe but with a very modest (for now, at least) artist. Right now that I am writing this I am excited and there is no other way to show that than write it somewhere here. Some times, things happen that reward you for the problems of a whole lifetime.

I was equally excited yesterday when I picked up the phone and I heard the voice of my beloved teacher and chief of the theatrical group of the municipality. She let me know that the group will be re-united. We are about to put on a piece based on improvisations. I can’t wait to finish writing my dissertation and work again on things that I long for.
P.S.: The envelope was sent from Hollywood (I’m serious). The recipient was someone under my surname and the names of Anna and George (the friends with whom I attended the concert).

No comments: