Friday, September 15, 2006

I’LL SAY HERE WHAT I DIDN’T SAY THERE

05.11.04

Athina told me that the show was successful and that the discussion at the studio was interesting. I thought that I would envy her a little, because she made another decision and finally had the chance to say what she wanted in public. I didn’t envy her at all in the end. I just wondered if something new was told during that show, where normally standard things are said. I wish that someone found the roots of the problem, explaining that the phenomenon of cities inhospitable to people with a disability deals first of all with the small communities and the policies of local administration. This is the one that first controls the application of policies that are targeted to securing the rights of those specific minority groups. If all municipalities met the standards for providing us with equal opportunities as regards our participation in daily activities, then the whole city of Athens and thus the whole of the country would be a place friendlier to people with a disability. That’s about it here.

No comments: