Monday, September 11, 2006

ATHENS 2004

28.07.04


Did I tell you? I got tickets for weightlifting and athletics. I don’t remember for which days, though, because we got them at the very last minute. Do you know that I will have to sit on the seats there, since my wheelchair is considered by the security guards as a way to pass arms for a possible terrorist attack within the Olympic facilities? Do you want me to tell you the real truth? I am flattered by the fact that someone regards me as a potentially dangerous person. Until now, I thought that I couldn’t do any harm to anyone, even if I wanted to.

Nonetheless, if you ask me, despite all rumours I think that we’ll organize great Olympics. They better do so. We pay for this celebration and we’ll be paying for years and years. We’re dead if something goes wrong.

All right, the British creeps revealed our secrets regarding the opening ceremony. How harmful can that be? It’s one thing to watch it and a completely other thing to have expectations about what you’ll watch. They said that Bjork will sing at the ceremony. Someone had spread the rumour a long time ago. I still don’t get it why that specific artist was chosen but this doesn’t bother me, to say the truth. Of course I like her songs but I can’t understand how she ‘fits’ in the whole thing.

WE’LL SEE, WHAT WILL WE SEE?

I could really work on disability studies but I don’t like sticking that much to the issue of disability. What I do with my weblog is already TOO MUCH to me. As soon as I feel that I have nothing else to say, I will start posting a lot of other things. I will stop talking about myself and everything that happens to me.

I have already started worrying about how the weblog influences (it took me 15 years to learn that this verb is spelled with two –ff- and not just one) my way of thinking regarding who I am.
On the other hand, if we don’t work on disability, who will? What am I to say? We’ll see.

YOU CAN SMOKE A MOUNT OF CIGARETTES IF YOU WANT TO. I’LL GO ON HOLIDAYS WITH A BIG GUITAR IN MY HANDS.

I saw yesterday ‘Once upon a time in Mexico’, Robert Rodriguez’s movie that followed ‘Desperado’. Both movies seem to be really stupid and I would have absolutely no reason to see them if I didn’t long for a bit of Mexico and good Spanish guitar. Moreover, if I was a woman, I suppose I would go crazy over Antonio Banderas or Johnny Depp. Personally, I had some other reason to watch it.

I remembered again my holidays in Serifos with Alexandros, Antonis, Christina and Betty. We, the little boys, sat at evenings on the beach and took a look at the deep end of the ocean. We were dead drunk and sang everything that came to our mind. Antonis remembered that song of Mariachi-desperado, who sung proudly ‘Me gusta tocar a quitara’ (= I like playing the guitar). And yet we were far too drunk to think of what he was singing.

What we heard was ‘caraquitara’. So we started singing a bunch of lines related to this great new instrument that nobody had discovered. But I discovered one of my secret talents that night. When someone asks me if I know how to play music, I answer: ‘Yes, of course. You’ll be stunned if I play some pieces with my caraquitara.’

TO HELL WITH LITTLE PAINS! LET’S BECOME LITTLE AMERICANS

Today I woke up with terrible pains on my knee (various doctors and physiotherapists have told me that I have to live with that pain whether I like it or not). Every time it’s about to rain I can feel it almost from the day before because of those little pains of mine. Don’t wait for a storm. The times when I’m out in my reckoning are not few.

I think my pains are over, just because I started thinking seriously of a possible future trip to the USA. All right! I wouldn’t go there without being organized first. All right, I can be a real guy-good-for-nothing from time to time but I actually always want to find a reason why I do everything I do. Right, I wouldn’t mind at all if my only ambition would be to go to the next concert of the Fun Lovin’ Criminals. In my opinion, they are the coolest band on earth.

No comments: